Sunday, September 10, 2006

Keane cancels North American Tour


Keane fans in North America were asked for their understanding when the British band canceled their tour of the region. The tour was canceled when Singer Tom Chaplin entered rehab for his drug and alcohol addiction.

The rest of the band will resume their tour of the UK and Europe in October and November absent the 27-year-old singer.

Band member Tim Rice-Oxley said, "Obviously it's crucial that Tom is given the time to get better properly. His doctors feel there is undue pressure on Tom to rush through rehab and get back out on the road."

Last month Chaplin apologized to his fans for his absence.

He said, "I've been having to deal with an increasing problem with drink and drugs, and the time has come to get the professional help I need to sort myself out. I feel desperately disappointed to be letting down our fans, but I want to get myself right now so that I can be back on the road for the rest of the year."

allheadlinenews

No comments:

Post a Comment