Saturday, December 29, 2007

Is Nicole expecting?

Nicole Kidman is pregnant, according to the Daily Mail. The Golden Compass actress, 40, told friends and family over the Christmas holiday that she and husband Keith Urban, 40, are expecting, the UK newspaper reported. Kidman and the country singer have been married since June 2006. There are no details on when the baby is due. She has two adopted children with ex-husband Tom Cruise – Isabella, 15, and Connor, 12 – but their relationship is strained. "They call me Mom," Cruise's new wife, Katie Holmes, said recently. Kidman has talked openly about wanting another baby. "I'm yearning to have one," she told Vanity Fair in September. "I think I would be very sad if I wasn't able to have a baby. Keith knows I want one, and he has been getting there slowly." In an interview in February on Oprah's Oscar Special, Russell Crowe asked the actress if she planned on getting pregnant. "I hope so," she replied. When Crowe remarked that he'd like to see Kidman "walking around barefoot and pregnant," the actress agreed – "I'd like to see that, too." Kidman told Vogue last year: "I always thought I'd eventually live on a Fijian island. I love the idea of being in a sarong, with hair down to my bum and kids following my around and hanging out." After her split from Cruise in 2001, Kidman admitted she'd suffered an ectopic pregnancy that resulted in miscarriage at one point in their 10-year marriage. "From the minute Tom and I were married, I wanted to have babies. And we lost a baby early on, so that was really very traumatic," she told Vanity Fair. Three months into their marriage, Urban checked himself into the Betty Ford clinic for three months to treat alcohol addiction. "We had to dig really deep," Kidman has said. Kidman begins an eight-week shoot for The Reader in Berlin next month, but after that has no movie projects lined up, the Daily Mail reported.

No comments:

Post a Comment